Chandigarh is a food lover’s paradise. The presence of hundreds of restaurants offering scrumptious north Indian food is a boon for visitors who catch a Delhi to Chandigarh flight to explore this beautiful city or are here on work trips. Apart from restaurants, the city is home to hundreds of vendors offering a variety of tasty and attractive street food like chaat, chicken patty, rajma chawal, kadi chawal, chole kulche, Lassi, and desi variants of pizza and burgers and whatnot. A visit to this city is incomplete without tasting the vast variety of food available on the roadside stalls and dhabas.
Where to Look for the Street Food of Your Liking?
Street food joints offer you a chance to explore the rich taste of Punjab without making a big hole in your pockets. The low operational costs and great taste are what make the street joints a popular option for all. Here are some street food vendors that you should certainly try before heading back home on your Chandigarh to Delhi flight.
- Sector 23 if You Are a Chaat Lover- If you are looking for some spicy, tangy chaat for your taste buds, head over to Sector 23. Open from 11 AM onwards, Garg Sweets offers a variety of chaat items like golgappa, papri chaat, Bhalla chaat, pav bhaji or bhel puri or malai chaap. But be prepared for the long queues here.
- Street Food at Night- If you are looking for a street food joint that caters to your requirements late at night after you have finished your work, head over to Sector 14’s Night Food Street. The official eatery for street-style items, this place has a lot to offer in terms of a variety of tikkas, pakodas, parathas, chole bhature, and even north Indian, and Chinese food items. Located close to the Punjab University Campus, this place is thronged by students, working men, and women.
- Sector 9 C- Head over to this sector if you are dying to eat the world-famous Amritsari Kulcha. You can find several varieties of the highly filling and tasty Amritsari Kulcha namely the Aloo Kulcha, Onion Kulcha, Mushroom Kulcha, Paneer Kulcha, and Gobi Cheese Kulcha. Choose any variety and take a glass of sweet or salty lassi to go along with it and relish your meal.
- Sector 15 Rehra Market- If you are a chicken lover and would love to try one with a tandoori flavor head on to the Pehlwan Ka Dhaba in this sector. The tandoori chicken served here is loved by all mainly because of its rich taste and spices.
- Sector 16- Babaji ke Paranthe should be your destination if you are on the lookout for some wonderful paranthas to satiate your hunger pangs as well as taste buds. This joint is very famous for its omelette blended paranthas.
- Sector 44D- Willing to try out some desi Rajma Chawal? If yes, make your way to the Bhole Di Hatti in sector 44D. The place offers a variety of north Indian food items besides all types of chaat items.
A visit to any of these vendors will introduce you to the rich, spicy, and tangy food reflecting the bold and carefree nature of the North especially Punjab. You always have the option of asking the vendors to keep it less spicy if that is what you want.